Neck pain is common and the causes are numerous. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Whiplash, a forceful impact from the rear of a car, for example, can cause the neck to move forward and backward quickly, causing pain and inflammation.
- Herniated discs, discs in the spinal column that are bulging as a result of poor posture, injury or illness
- Neck strain and overuse
- Pinched nerves in the spinal column
- Degenerative disc disease, common in individuals who are older
If you are experiencing neck pain, don’t wait to seek treatment.
At Total Health, we perform thorough examination to create customized treatment plans. Our chiropractors recommend treatment that addresses the cause of pain. Treatments include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: By applying gentle force to specific, targeted areas of the spinal column, we can work to properly align the spine and reduce pain.
- Corrective Exercises: Many of our patients benefit from corrective exercises. These will teach you the proper way to move and function, reducing pain in the neck.
- Nutritional Counseling: If you have inflammation or healing muscles, your body will need additional nutrients to help speed the process.
- Our team will offer solutions for improving your nutritional intake to meet your body’s needs.
Additional neck pain treatments may be recommended. This may include spinal and postural screenings or rehabilitation, depending on the cause of pain.
Neck pain relief is possible, even for chronic pain. To schedule an appointment or to discuss treatment options with one of our chiropractors, call 423-668-0108.